Today, I’m gonna talk about my campus library, so for the introduction, here it is,
The Sunway Campus library is ISO 9001:2015 certified. It is one of the largest libraries in Malaysian private educational institutions. Equipped with the latest library technology, Sunway Campus library is linked to international e-databases and thousands of e-journals, allowing students access to a global wealth of knowledge. Quiet cool, isn’t it! So basically, this is where usually I will go to study during the exam period.
The spacious 72,000 square feet of floor space in the library provides a variety of learning spaces including:
Usually when there were group projects, me and my friends often used the collaborative zone and booked the group project POD. I personally prefer the POD since it was more private where we didn’t have to share the room with other people like collaborative zone. Well, we need to book the POD beforehand to be able to use the POD.
To use the computer, we just need to sign in with our student id and we can print files using the printer in library.
The theatre and Viewing Zone was also my favourite place with my friends where we can watch many movies.
The printer is so high-tech where it is connected with our student id. All we need to do is sign in to the library computer, choose file to print and just tap our student card on the printer scanner to sign in and choose which file we want to print or copy. So fast and efficient! Also, we can print using our own laptop by key in the url.
To get in and out the library, we just need to scan our face using the facial recognition. So innovative wasn’t it!
Library users have access to the Extended Hour Study Area which opens until 2.00AM daily. The Sunway Campus library is a library with an ever-expanding collection and variety of:
- Online e-databases
- Audio visual materials
and other collections to support the teaching, learning and research efforts of the academic community at Sunway.
Library Quick Facts:
- State-of-the-art library, with latest technology, including RFID and the SirsiDynix integrated library system
- A Discovery Service (SearchAll) to search across the catalogue, library e-resources and Internet resources at one go
- Excellent library collection comprising of:
- over 141,000 printed books
- over 180,000 e-books titles
- 124 online e-databases
- over 12,000 audio-visual items
- 1,300 seats
- Wi-Fi access, plus 115 internet-wired computers
- Research support for staff and students, including information skills workshops, Help Desk and orientation sessions
- Assistance in academic writing through the Academic Language Learning Service
- Online access to the Library’s e-resources using PCs and mobile devices from anywhere
- Over RM2.5 million spent on library materials annually with a total of over RM35 million spent since 1999.
- Reciprocal borrowing privileges and access to books and e-resources from Monash University Malaysia Library and Learning Commons
- Access to e-resources from Lancaster University, UK for students following programmes validated by Lancaster University, UK
- The Harvard Collection which contains multiple collections of work from Harvard linked authors and academicians.
5, Jalan Universiti, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Open from Monday to Saturday, 08.30-17.30
Website : https://sclibrary.sunway.edu.my/home